Tenant Terms of Business
1. The letting of residential property through Taylor Made (hereafter referred to as us/we) is arranged under the 1988 Housing Act for Assured Short-hold Tenancies and subsequent modifications.
2. Particulars outlining property to let have been prepared as a guide only. All properties are let as seen on the day of any viewing. We do not accept responsibility for the accurateness of information we provide at any stage prior to a tenancy commencing and tenants must rely on their own inspection of the accommodation and services available including the supply of telephone, TV and internet connections. Tenants should be aware that Landlords may alter, change or replace fixtures, fittings, electrical equipment, etc at will and without our prior knowledge and that we cannot accept any responsibility in this event.
3. Applicants are advised that an application for a tenancy will not be processed until a completed application form has been received by us and reservation fee of £250.00 has been paid. In the event that an applicant withdraws from negotiations after a reservation fee is accepted or fails to settle an outstanding account by the due date, the reservation fee will be non-refundable and any offer of a tenancy will be withdrawn.
4. In the event that a tenancy is entered into, the tenant will be required to lodge a deposit against any loss or damage to the landlord’s property or the non payment of rent. The amount of deposit required may vary to that shown in the illustration overleaf depending on the individual circumstances of each let. Deposits will be transferred to The Deposit Protection Scheme by Taylor Made unless in the event of an Introduction Only lets in which case the landlord will be responsible for registering the deposit.
5. Administration fees payable by the applicant/tenant are applicable at the start and during tenancy – please see our schedule of fees for more information.
6. Tenants will be required to provide appropriate insurance cover for accidental damage for the duration of tenancy. Details of specialist insurers are available upon request.
7. Unless otherwise stated all rental figures quoted are exclusive of all services and utilities including: Council Tax, Water, sewerage, gas, electricity, TV services and license, broadband and telephone.
8. We do not accept any liability in the event that a landlord decides to withdraw from a let. No tenancy will be binding until all funds have been paid by the tenant and the landlord has signed a tenancy agreement.
9. We are required to make inquiries of all applicants applying for a tenancy. In submitting an application form to us, applicants hereby authorise us to; carry out credit searches and request other information of a personal and financial nature and disclose any relevant information to landlords, other letting agents, local authorities, police and any other parties as we see fit. All application forms and supporting documentation become our property upon receipt and we will not be bound to return these to an applicant/tenant and may destroy these at any stage.
10. Applicants seeking rented accommodation are advised to ensure that, when agreeing a tenancy commencement date, they are able to meet the financial requirements of the agreement prior to commencement of a tenancy and settle their account in full within 5 days from receipt of contract and invoice. Payment must be made in full and can only be accepted in the form of; Banker’s Draft, credit or debit card or cash. Credit card payments are subject to a handling fee of 3%.
11. Unless otherwise stated, loft spaces/roof voids/sheds/garages and out buildings are not inspected by us and therefore no responsibility will be taken by us for their content and condition.
12. Whilst every attempt is made to safe-guard tenants, we will not be responsible for any injury, death or financial loss arising from misadventure or otherwise within a property or the boundary of it’s grounds.
13. Equipment, appliances, sanitary wear, tools, t.v./phone connections, any mechanical or electrical items are not tested by us prior to letting.